What is the HEARTWORM remedy?
The HEARTWORM remedy is classified as a nosode, which means its ingredients are derived from the source — in this case, the heartworm infection.
In heartworm-positive pets, HEARTWORM helps prevent the infection from progressing by destroying and expelling internal parasites. It can also provide relief for common heartworm symptoms by:
- Increasing energy (thus counteracting fatigue and exercise intolerance)
- Easing coughing fits
- Improving appetite
- Maintaining weight (and preventing weight loss)
Who is this remedy suitable for?
- Animals starting to suffer from symptoms of heartworm infection.
- This remedy can be used safely for all animals (cats, dogs, rabbits, horses, etc.).
How to administer the remedy?
Precautions for use: Shake well before use. Respect the dosage
HEARTWORM remedy: 1 spray every day, in water or directly in the mouth. ** Stop when symptoms have disappeared. 30ml spray bottle.
Essential oils can negate the effect of homeopathic remedies.
Keep the remedies cool.
What is heartworm infection in pets?
Heartworm infection is caused by parasites that are carried by mosquitoes. When an infected mosquito bites its host, it deposits saliva next to the wound containing microfilariae, or larval heartworms. If the conditions are right (like if the climate is humid enough to prevent the saliva from evaporating), the microfilariae can swim into the bite and enter the animal’s bloodstream.
As they mature, the heartworms settle in the arteries around the heart and can grow up to 14 inches long. This begins to clog the arteries, thus restricting blood flow. Depending on the severity of the case, pets may be treated with certain medications (which could include rounds of painful shots), and may even require surgery for the worms to be manually removed. Without treatment, an animal with heartworms will eventually die.
What are the symptoms of heartworm infection in pets?
- Early stages may show no symptoms
- Mild but persistent cough
- Lethargy / exercise intolerance
- Difficulty and/or labored breathing
- Dark colored urine
- Eventual heart failure/death