What is the HORSEFLY remedy?
The HORSEFLY remedy is classified as a nosode, which means its ingredients are derived from the source -— in this case, horsefly essence.
The HORSEFLY formula is administered orally and helps repel horseflies by working itself through the pet’s system, thus giving off a scent that the horseflies are disinterested in. (Note: it is undetectable to humans.)
This remedy can also counteract symptoms of horsefly bites by:
- Relieving stinging
- Soothing itching
- Calming swelling
- Alleviating soreness
- Reducing redness
- Decreasing risk of infection
Who is this remedy suitable for?
- Animals suffering from symptoms of horsefly bites.
- This remedy can be used safely for all animals (cats, dogs, rabbits, horses, etc.).
How to administer the remedy?
Precautions for use: Shake well before use. Respect the dosage
- Prevention: Start giving 1 spray every day for 7-10 days in water or directly in the mouth before the high horsefly season.
- To reduce the effects of stings or bites: Start giving 1 spray every day for 7-10 days in water or directly in the mouth.
- To maintain results: After the 10 days, if you wish to maintain results, during the high season continue giving 1 spray per week in water or directly in the mouth.
- If you are no longer in the high horsefly season, you can lower the dosage according to need, which can be anywhere between 1 to 3 sprays a week.
Please follow the above dosages and instructions or as directed by one of our Health Advisors.
Essential oils can negate the effect of homeopathic remedies.
Keep the remedies cool.
Please note that this remedy should only be given if your pet has been diagnosed.
What are horsefly bites on animals?
Horseflies are large, annoying pests, and the females of this species will bite both animals and humans. They have sharp mouthpieces that can pierce skin, allowing them to feed on the blood of their hosts. The resulting bite wound can become inflamed, itchy, tender, and/or red, and it can even become infected.
What are the symptoms of horsefly bites on pets?
Symptoms usually occur at the site of the wound and can include:
What are the possible causes of horsefly bites?
Easy … horseflies! As mentioned, females are the only ones with the proper mouth structures that can bite through skin.
These bugs are also known as gadflies or clegs and can found in regions across North America and all over the world. They’re especially prevalent in humid climates and near wetlands.